Monday, June 10, 2013

Blueberry Cream Pie


Blueberry Cream Pie

Mix Together:
1  Cup  Sugar
5  Tablespoons Flour
in large mixing bowl.

Stir in:
1  Cup  Sour Cream
1  Cup  Milk
1-2  Cups  Blueberries (or berries of your choice--Raspberries, Blackberries, etc.)
and stir until well combined.  Pour into an un-baked 9-inch pie shell and bake at 350* for one hour.  Cool completely; store in refrigerator.  Serves 8.

My sister, my sister-in-law, and I, along with our 10 children (that's a combined 10--we don't each have 10 children!) went out to Blueberry Bluff to pick berries.  In a little more than two hours we had picked 165 pounds of berries!  I'm more than a little bummed that I forgot to take my camera...  If you're looking for an awesome place to go, I highly recommend Blueberry Bluff (you can google them for more info).  No, this is not a paid advertisement for them; they know me only as "the lady who lost her keys in the field."  My sister found them for me, praise the Lord!  I was more than a bit panicked.  That evening we had a Blueberry Pie Tasting:

 Blueberry Cream Pie ~ Grandma's Blueberry Pie ~ Blueberry Cheese Pie


"Great is the Lord,
and greatly to be praised in the city of our God,
in the mountain of His holiness...

For this God is our God forever and ever:
He will be our guide even unto death."
Psalm 48: 1 & 14



This recipe is from my friend Danita; she is the one who supplied the recipe for Ceasar Salad Dressing., which incidentally has been the most popular post on this blog; currently at 1,528 views.  I think you'll like this recipe, too.  Thank you, dear friend, for sharing! 

1 comment:

Le-Teisha said...

Looks delicious, I can't wait to try making it.