Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Had No Intention

I had no intention of decorating for Autumn this year.  None at all.  My one concession to the season was a wreath at the front door.  Sometimes, when I'm tired and overwhelmed, it's the little things, like decorating, that get set aside for the bigger necessities, like laundry and cleaning.

I still have no intention of decorating.

But sometimes best-made plans get changed.

Like when Daddy comes home and announces that one of his clients is finished picking his 12-acre pumpkin patch and that he (Daddy) has permission to glean a few pumpkins for the children to carve before the field is disked under.

So....  We all loaded up in the truck on Saturday to go glean a few pumpkins for the children.  I think the following photos will show how it's hard to stop at "just one" pumpkin a-piece.






















(This was the Truck Bed)














We have had so much fun sharing all the pumpkins with Family and Friends.


And no, I still have no intention of decorating for Autumn.  My house is still just as messy as it was Saturday morning...  Must clean it up!

Happy Fall, Y'all!

3 comments:

deborah said...

Wow! How much fun is that! I love all the neat different pumpkins that are available. And a whole field to walk around and get what you want?!!! I'm thrilled even though I wasn't the one it happened to. :) Happy Fall! Bring on the pumpkins..

Holly said...

This post just makes me happy...and I enjoy the pumpkins on your sisters porch every time I go by that way:)

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful! And I'm envious of those flowers I saw that haven't been killed by frost. :) Enjoy fall my friend!