Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sunshine Frozen Peach Cups

 
Sunshine Frozen Peach Cups

20 Cups Peeled and Diced Peaches, about 24 Peaches
1 (12 oz) Orange Juice Concentrate, prepared according to directions
1 Cup Sugar

Dissolve the Sugar in the Orange Juice; pour over the Peaches.  Spoon Peaches and juice into 5.5 ounce freezer containers; seal and freeze.  Makes 35 Sunshine Peach Cups.

For the Lord God is a sun and shield:
the Lord will give grace and glory:
no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psalm 84:11







I like to use the last of the peaches from our tree to make frozen peach cups for school lunches.  Sometimes I'll add in a tablespoon of blueberries to each fruit cup.  Doing the math, though, is a bit startling:  if I'm packing 5 lunches a day (4 children and 1 husband), then 35 fruit cups will only last about... that's right, about one-and-a-half weeks.  Uh oh.  I think I either need another freezer or we'll just have to ration the fruit cups!  This recipe is slightly adapted from Bountiful Blessings, page 248.  My apologies if the formatting and photos for this post is a bit off; the PC is on the blink and I'm learning how to post from the iPad.

No comments: